Ms. Jodi Bullard, BSN, RN
Note From The Nurse
A few reminders/updates:
- Please bring any medications your child needs during school hours directly to the nurse's office. At that time you can complete and sign the appropriate form and discuss your child's needs with the nurse. This includes prescription and over-the-counter medications, cough drops/lozenges and herbal supplements.
- No medication may be kept in the backpacks without prior approval and documentation.
- Prescription medications must be in their original, labeled containers in order for the nurse to administer them to your child.
- If your child has fever, monitor them at home until they have been free of fever for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications. This will help prevent the spread of infection to other children and will ensure that your child feels his/her best upon returning to the classroom.
- If your child is vomiting or has diarrhea, monitor them at home until they have been symptom-free for at least 24 hours without the use of medication.
- As a state requirement, all students with the exception of 2nd and 4th graders must have their vision and hearing screened by the school nurse. If your child has been prescribed glasses, please be sure your child has them with him/her at school. They will need their glasses when vision screening begins.
- Head Lice is a very common childhood nuisance! It can be costly to treat and very time consuming. Our district's policy is to check an entire classroom if at least three cases are confirmed in that room. To prevent any spread, please discuss with your children the importance of NOT sharing combs/brushes, clothing or hats with anyone else.
- We encourage everyone to cover their coughs/sneezes with a tissue or by doing so with their arm (not their hands) and to keep their hands away from their nose, eyes and mouth. Good hand washing is the #1 way to prevent the spread of infections.
- Visit http://www.cdc.gov/flu/school/guidance.htm or http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/immunize/flu.shtm for the latest updates on flu prevention.
- Please contact me or stop by my office with any questions or concerns.